A couple weeks ago I did a large order of fabric from fabric.com. One thing I wanted to purchase was a cotton voile for this great vintage dress pattern (Butterick 3549) I had picked up from the thrift store. I found the perfect fabric at the perfect price and when it arrived I immediately got to work. I started following the pattern and things were going well. Then last week I showed you my incredibly poofy sleeves that were making me look like a football player. After reading through your advice, I decided to just cut them off and finish the seams off as a sleeveless dress. After doing this, I had to take in about an inch off each side of the bodice to make the top a little less blouse-y. And now this dress is great. This pattern is definitely going in the “I will make it again” pile. It is perfect for the incredibly hot weather we are having here (which will stick around for at least another month or two). I learned a lot of new techniques with this dress. I had never sewn pintucks before…and they are not diffictult at all. And I learned how to make an elastic casing in a dress. The pattern instructions had this great method (and maybe this is how everyone does it) to encase the elastic in the seam when you join the skirt to the bodice. It makes the inside of the dress look so finished! After all of the hard work I had put into this dress…I decided I wanted everything to be finished nicely. So I hand stitched the armholes and the bottom hem. It took a couple of hours, but I think it’s definitely worth it!